Library Services for Students
Your Alliant OneCard is the key to unlocking the library's resources.
With your library barcode you can:
- Check out books, dissertations, videos/DVDs, laptops, proxima projectors,
assessment kits and other library materials.
- Login to your My Library Account for
books currently checked out, renew your items, check the status of
requested books, fines and view your contact information.
- Access e-journals, e-books and our research databases available
through our library catalog.
- Place holds on or page items in the Alliant library system to be
picked up at your home library when available. Items may take at least
4 days to arrive.
- Request books from one of the many LINKplus Libraries
to be picked up at any Alliant or LINKplus library. Items may
take 4-7 days to arrive.
- Check out books directly from participating LINKplus Libraries as a
Patron. You may also use Pick-up
Elsewhere for your convenience.
- Request Interlibrary Loan of books
and journals not owned by the Alliant Library. Requests through Interlibrary
Loans can take 7-28 days depending on the location of the loaning
- Note that Alliant library does not ship materials to patrons; materials that are only available
in hard copy must be picked up at an Alliant library or through the Pick-up
- Suggest an item for the library to purchase.
- Check out reserve materials and access e-Reserves online for your
- You will need your your Alliant OneCard (Student ID card) to use with your library account.
Complete the barcode form online
or bring your OneCard to your home library for activation.
Study Rooms: Reservable rooms for the use of all currently enrolled students, faculty and staff. All campus have rooms available for your use. More Information
Printing and Copying: Alliant charges for printing from the library computers and copying. Students should bring small bills to add funds to their Alliant OneCard. More Information
Other University Services for Students
ASC Writing Center: (San Diego only) The Writing Center provides an array of academic support services and resources for graduate and undergraduate students to foster higher quality writing. More Information