Library Services for Alumni
Graduates of Alliant International University, CSPP,
USIU and Cal Western University are entitled to use the Alliant
Library. E-mail the Alumni Office at email@example.com
to inquire about the whole range of alumni benefits. More
Obtain a library account:
If you need to just re-activate your existing library account, you can use the barcode activation form.
If you do not yet have an alumni account, please complete the Alumni Library Registration Form.
With your alumni library account, you may:
- Access select Research Databases from
your home computer.
- Access all Research Databases from the
- Alumni may use research databases while at
any library location. Because of licensing restrictions, alumni
may not have remote access to all databases. Note that members
of the American Psychological Association may obtain access
to the APA's suite of databases for a small yearly fee. See:
for more information.
- Borrow from your home library location.
- Alumni may borrow books, dissertations, videos
and audio tapes.
- Books and dissertations: 28 days with two
28-day renewal periods.
- Video and audio tapes: 7 days with one
7-day renewal period.
- Tests are not available for alumni check out.
- Borrow from another Alliant location
(other than your home library).
- Look for the "Request" button in
your search results to see if the item you want is requestable.
Click on the button, the item will be shipped to your home
library and an emailed pickup notice
will be sent when it is ready to be checked out.
Overdue library fines and notices:
- Fines are $0.50 per day up to the replacement
cost of the item for all books, dissertations and video/audio
- Overdue notices are sent to patrons via email.
Make sure to keep your email account current.
- Pay fines in person or by mail. Checks should
be made payable to: Alliant International University and directed
to attention of the library. Go to the Locations/Staff
page for mailing addresses. Some locations will also accept cash
or credit card if you pay in person.
- Lost or damaged items are the current replacement
cost plus a $15.00 processing fee.
- If items are not returned, fines not paid in
a timely manner and/or fines exceed $50, it will result in a suspension
of library privileges and a hold placed on your academic record.
Printing and Copying: Alliant charges for printing from the library computers and copying. Users should bring small bills to purchase a reusable print card. More Information
Alumni do not have access to LINKplus through the Alliant Library. You can still access LINKplus through a public library.
Alumni living in California: Many public libraries including San Diego County, Riverside, Los Angeles, Sacramento, the SF Bay Area and other locations offer a multitude of free services and resources. Check the list of member libraries to see if your local public library is a LINKplus participant.
Alumni living in San Diego County: If you enjoyed LINKplus as a student, sign up for a San Diego County Library card. You can contrinue to enjoy books via LINKplus or try the Circuit which includes books from other universities in San Diego. Pick your requests up at the closest SD Country Library branch. Information about Circuit (PDF).