Click a tab to get started!
Inter-Library Loan Request
Before you submit an ILL request...
Did you know...
You have a choice of the following requests:
- Incomplete or incorrection information may cause a delay in your request being processed? Please fill out form completely.
- Alliant Library also owns journals in paper format? Check the Library Catalog to see if journal articles are available at your home library.
- Typical interlibrary loans are free, but special requests
may have a charge?
- Requested items usually take 7-28 days to arrive? It
depends on the location of the loaning library and the number of
libraries a request must be sent to so it will be filled.
- The library cannot request e-books available at other libraries
because of licensing agreements?
- Book - The borrower is responsible for returning
materials on time and paying for damaged or lost materials, and
any overdue fines.
- Article - Place a request only if
the journal article is not available at your home library in paper
or on one of the research databases.
If you need assistance with checking the availability of a journal
please call the reference department of your home
library. Please be aware of Federal
- Chapter or portion of a book - Check the library
catalog and LINKplus Catalog first
to see if the entire book is available. If not available, the library
may request the entire book instead of one chapter as it is most
cost effective. You will be responsible for making your own photo
- Proceedings of a conference -Conference proceedings
are difficult to get through interlibrary loans. Generally you need
to contact the individual or organization directly.
- Thesis or Dissertation - Before submitting
a request for a dissertation, please check ProQuest
Dissertation and Theses. Most dissertations published since
1997 are available full-text (PDF format). Recently published dissertations
may not be available for loan or available on the ProQuest database.
Usually it takes about 3-6 months from submission to appear in the
- Purchase Suggestions - If you aren't in
a big hurry, you can make purchase suggestions for recently published,
non-textbook titles that you think your home library should own.
Titles should support the curriculum. Please read our collection
development policy for more information. Approved purchase suggestions
can take 2-6 weeks to arrive in the library.